Pages

Saturday, October 23, 2010

i believe in....

Moisturizing! The main reasons I started this blog are as follows: I love writing, and obsessing about all things related to fashion. Second, I wanted to review products that actually work and are WORTH reviewing.

That being said I always do an incredible amount of research before making most purchases (when research is possible). I noticed (by the looks of my skin) that getting a new moisturizer might be in the works for me. After following several blogs IHeartKoreanBeauty vouched for Kiehl's. This was important for one main reason: I'm in South Korea. So I trucked on over to Seomeyon's Lotte to get my dose of Kiehl's (I had never shopped this brand before, but I thought I had noticed it on one of my many trips there). Now there is a closer Lotte to me, near the PNU area. But for some reason that one is so underwhelming. Sure they have their fair share of fancy clothing, but the compactness and overall displays remind me of a Nordstrom's at a mall back home. That just isn't one dose of home I can get excited over.

So... I get to Kiehl's and get my lotion on! I ask the saleslady if they have (not ultra) facial moisturizer and she points me in the direction of tea tree something or other. She says it's because the ultra facial moisturizer I had in my hand had oil in it. Now, I'm still susceptible to break outs...and I do have combination type skin. But my dry patches and spots are... REALLY dry. Seemingly impenetrable. Aloe Vera has been my goto cleaner/moisturizer/comfort gel. But after a while I do believe that any regimen the skin gets immune to. So it's important to change it up.




I am/get allergic to things too, so that's another risk factor. However, after looking at the pricetag of two other items she suggested...I stuck to my guns. It was funny though because the first item she suggested I said was too expensive, so the next item she showed me...you guessed it...even more expensive. How Classic. Anywhoozles, I really do Love this cream. It's heavy, but that's what I needed. I don't know if this is a myth or whatever, but I heard that your skin overcompensates and get's more oily when dried out. Makes sense enough to me. So with this extra dose of soothing hydration things should get a little more balanced. Plus, winter is coming soon--and I'm stocking up for the season. So I shelled out some dough to the tune of 39,000 KRW for the smaller sized bottle.

I used to not believe in moisturizing. But after watching a gajillion makeup tutorials and witnessing my friends skin really blossom into flawlessness...I put two and two together. Plus, my grandmother has wonderful skin. At first I was hoping it's just genetics--but then I remembered how diligent she was about skin care routines. She used Jafra, I think it was the Royal Jelly but I'm not 100% (I know the product better by the smell) but there is also a similar product on the market now made by Korres. However, the Korres product is intended for the body (probably because of the strong fragrance) and because it is by Korres it is very natural. The downside of that is it's shelf life isn't as promising. If you're stateside and I've piqued your interests you can get Korres products at Ulta or off of Sephora.com.

I remember the Jafra and Avon lady coming by my grandmother's house. I guess I thought I'd always have a friend/sales lady like that stopping by. It seemed nice. But then again, I guess I don't need anyone else to instigate my shopping habits. ^_^

Eitherway hopefully this was a head's up on fantastic products. What's your favorite moisturizer? My friend loves her Olay--but I'm afraid of the chemically nature of it.

1 comment:

  1. I hope Japan was fun let me know how your week goes and maybe I can meet you sometime


    japan-Fukuoka is where a good friend of mine lives, and I also want to go to Osaka. Kyoto, maybe Tokyo. I just want to travel actually I am tired of staying in Busan and need a change of scenery.

    ReplyDelete