Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2010

My weekend...

So Monday is my birthday, so of course I wanted BIG THINGS for this weekend. I'm always like that I guess. My original plan (circa 2-3 months ago) was to have a big Halloween bash at my house. Three things kind of got in the way of that: I haven't made that many friends yet, my apartment doesn't really read "Big Halloween Bash" because of the size. It's not small, but maybe the floorplan is what makes it not ideal. Plus...it's far away from most ppl and kind of a pain to get to. Anywho, problem number three is the lack of costumes in this area. So.....plan A went out the window.

Plan B was to go back home, and have a good old time with the old friendies. However, they weren't as enthused as I was...I wanted to go to a rave, or go to WeHo... all dressed up. I got people saying they weren't sure if they were gonna wear costumes, or have the day off of work. Plus, the boyfriend didn't want to spend loads of cash just to go home for a couple of days and He didn't feel that it was the right time to start asking for time off of work. (One of his coworkers just went on her honeymoon this last week). So plan B was scrapped.

Plan C was to go to Tokyo. I had to find a way to spoil myself, and Japan seemed like the final answer. But due to poor planning and certain budgetary limits it got put on hold too. We should have learned from our Floridian adventure several months ago to plan ahead better--but I guess it just wasn't really on my mind until it was too late. I thought getting to Tokyo would be a lot easier (and cheaper) than it was. But I misjudged the proximity between these two island lands. *Note I refer to South Korea as an Island, because for all intensive purposes at the moment North Korea doesn't exist. One cannot easily travel through it, enter into it, etc. So it might as well be a body of water.


So we ended up staying local, and doing nothing extraordinary. A trip to Fridays did put a smile on my face because they decorated, and our school had a party on friday that was cute and fun. Yesterday we went to a Mexican restaurant in Haeundae. We had been to Fuzzy Navel several times before (both the one in Seomeyon and Haeundae). But this time we went to a smaller venue that is ironically right next to the Fuzzy Navel. Now I can't remember the name of it, it is something like Casa Pueblo or Casita Pueblo or something. It is literally (well almost anyway, it goes Fuzzy Navel, some steps--a Chicken and Hoff place I think and then the Caasa Pueblo place) right next to Fuzzy Navel in a bigger business-like looking building. It is about 10 feet closer to the beach.

I had been mildly satisfied with Fuzzy Navel on all of our journeys there. It rivaled some of the Mexican Places stateside (with the strange fusion of white rice in the burritos--not spanish style or anything). So anywho, I wanted to try the new place because it was more well-lit which to me arguably means cleaner. We were both surprised to see that even the Fuzzy Navel was pretty dead on Halloween. (Maybe the crowd was busy ghouling themselves up for bar hours--who knows). I still opted to go to the other place because it was chilly out (I didn't want to sit outdoors, I wanted to avoid the crowd I was still anticipating was on its way as well). And of course because I wanted to try something new.

I believe a side (a SMALL side) of beans was 2,000won. I didn't know how small it would be but it was more mushy and had a less tomato-ey flavor than the ones at the Fuzz. We got Nachos (which had cheese sauce and salsa that came on the side). They weren't fresh. I got chicken fajitas, which I was surprised came to me taco style. It came with the usual fajita flavors of bell peppers, but also cilantro (which is kind of an enemy to me--but at least they didn't pile it on), sour cream, salsa, and shredded lettuce. I wish the menus had printed what was included in each dish beforehand. The boyfriend had got a cheese quesadilla (I forgot if he got chicken or beef).

His meal was clearly more delicious, but I did love the beans--because they were a nice change of place. Strange enough, all things considered I am still wanting to venture there again. For the beans of course, but also to try the carne asada! Also, I want to have the horchata even if it will set me back a good 4,000something won.

1 comment:

  1. wow happy birthday! I haven't tried Fuzzy navel but i do love mexi food.

    sorry to hear your jp trip got placed on hold.

    makes me want to go to haeundae and try some Mexican food asap.

    ReplyDelete