Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

If it's...

Campiness you want, campiness you shall have. Drum roll please, for what I feel to be the most underrated movie of all time...

This next flick was written by Diablo Cody, the same person who wrote the movie Juno. If you have seen Juno then you'll have a vague sense of what your in for. If you haven't you should. Jennifer's Body like Juno is about the experience of being a girl from the middle of nowhere during her adolescent (teen) years. However, there is one grandoise twist--this story is within a larger story one that reads Classic Horror Flick. It's got your heavy dose of contemporary gore as well, but it's one of those scary movies that wont make you afraid to go to desolate places (the Shining is PRETTY scary), or give you a blinding headache from the cereal killer thriller screams (read: Halloween... the second one by Rob Zombie).

Instead you get some noteable jumps and jolts but wont leave permanently scarred or anything. What I love about this film besides the soundtrack, costuming (hello bunny slippers, anyone), casting (yes, I actually think this is a role that even the Beautiful Megan Fox could master)...to repeat what I love most of all is the dialogue. It's fresh, witty, and is seeded with a teen-ness that reminds me I'm kind of still young and hip, well, sort of anyways. My inner geek cries out and says, this is soOoOo ?salty?


















This film is definitely one that is either a total love or a total hate....From the addictive elevator music, to Amanda Seyfried (who really did an excellent job) you might just find something remarkable about this film. Put away your copies of the most overrated film of all time: the Matrix, Titanic, or Avatar and give it a chance, will ya? Also, I even saw Inception but despite the fact that anything with Leo is actor gold and the visual loveliness of that film, I find myself wanting to see this one more. Plus, I love that Megan Fox is reminding the world, one person at a time, that girls with black hair can be hella sexy too.


Does anyone want some Jello?

2 comments:

  1. I can't tell you for sure but in my experience with sending letters home is that its not too expensive. It should take 1-2 weeks and the cost should be under 5000 won its not too bad i think i have sent some letters home for 2-3000 won(1-3 dollars)

    do you have facebook? Anyways I just got home I will go to bed soon im so tired. Another long day in Nampo dong.

    Also do you like PNU? I love that place its my second favorite palce

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Shining was scary and interesting even though its a Horror movie. I am not much of horror but I also enjoyed the Ring movies.

    I like your themes of movie reviews

    i hope your package issues were resolved. I am going to Kyungsungdae if you are interested post on my blog a time you would like to meet I can meet from 3 to 5.

    ReplyDelete