Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

my newest "baby"

Yes I may think little children from all spans of the globe are adorable. But luckly I'm not sprouting my own little bean, or adopting one. Personally, I realize I'm a very selfish and irresponsible person and thinking they are adorable isn't enough to warrant having one. So instead, I buy STUFF for myself. This last week's major purchase? A brand spanking new camera! Or at least I hope it is. I tried to buy it last last weekend and had went all the way to Nampodong (roughly a good 45 minute bus ride + 20 or some odd minute subway ride) to go meet my love. I knew there was a camera lane down there, and although I hear it pales in comparison to the kind of electronic shopping they've got going on over in Seoul I thought it was worth giving a shot anyways. I had done oodles of amazon research, and would have preferred to buy it off the site--but unfortunately since I am in South Korea they can't authorize to ship the item way out here. (Reason being is the camera lense can break and they'd have to ship me a new free one, and that's just bad inventory). Anywho, if you happen to be somewhere they CAN ship it to I highly recommend it. Reason being? Awesome warranties. I'm a pretty clumsy person when it comes to electronics and no one wants to be ultra uber cautious with them. They warranties are totally worth it--because otherwise you're just one scratch away from being out 300 some odd dollars.




I had found it at one store and wanted to look around and get dinner. Turned out to be a bad idea because the store literally closed in my face. I think that is a really BAD business strategy, but whatever. I couldn't find the camera anywhere else in the Busan area so I begrudgingly went back to the same store. I tried to plead my case for a discount: that they closed in my face, and that I came from very far away. But the guy wasn't feeling my sob story. (I'm pretty sure he understood enough of it to know what I was getting at). I got mine for 400,000 won. Which is roughly $350. It was only after someone else started helping me that I was able to get some ground for negotiations. I also got a 4 gig card with mine (for that price), so I figured it was a fair trade and I paid on credit.

So anywho, what do I have to say about this buy?
A simply AWESOME point and shoot camera. I wont lie to you guys, the reason I bought this thing is because of the beauty mode. I know, I'm such a girl--and they got me. What I was surprised to find was with the flash on all my flaws are wiped away anyhow. This camera does have a lot of functions one can tinker around with too. I'm no camera expert though so I'm slowly delving into those arenas. My main points are the camera is super light weight, I mean really it is amazing. It is slightly bulky though, but definitely not any more than your average DSLR camera. I've gone through many other brands over the years a Canon whose quality was always a little sub-par and then a Casio that just crapped out on me. Somehow the buttons on it got all mixed up, so when I press move to the right it takes me to the trash etc. Clearly that can be really problematic.

The picture quality you get from this camera is pretty unbelievable, and it's got a lot of the settings you'd really consider standard like indoor mode, multi shot etc. Also the zoom is pretty amazing and you can really either get a close close up (nearly microscopic) or you can get things that are quite a distance away from you pretty clearly. I hope to share a bunch of really stunning photos with you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment