Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

...so i had an interesting....

_________ moment...at least it felt that way.
I went to Shinsegae in Centum City to just buy some new dang foundation...after giving up on the NarsQuest 2000. I got Burger King, like a sad American expat would. (Not literally sad, but I always feel Ashamed yes with a capital A any time I go to American food joints namely fast food ones like Mc Donalds or Burger King when there is so much other fare around--yet I do it more than twice a week.) My excuse for this is I can have Korean food when I visit le bf's work...so...why would I want to pay for Korean food? ha_Ha unless of course I'm trying to be thrifty...then black bean noodles it is! SoOoo I'm waiting for my food after hitting a few road bumps...the ppl say something in Korean and then they say Whopper in English...and I look at the guy waiting for his food and he hesitating and then was like "is that...urs?"

Now I had heard him talking to his friend prior (just barely) and I thought I heard English, and not only that...but it was California English. It was seriously like catnip. Anywho I grabbed the food (cuz I don't really know what I ordered for sure anyways-I can't see menus without glasses). And I never used to eat fast food in the states, so I usually just let the bf order for me--he knows what I like. SoOoO I grab the food and I walk away to a comfortable spot where people wont stare at me and I can watch the ice skaters.

Then I see this guy strutting over with purpose. It was the worker from Burger King, I had taken the other guys food. I got a bacon whopper, he got a regular...and hence the mix up. Then..I see the guys come over whose food I had taken. I resolved to say hello, and give them my extra coke. We were talking, and I couldn't hear everything he was saying--but it was right he was from California but had lived in Korea the last few years. Then the KO...kid was in HIGH SCHOOL. I thought he was just some small dude. So I wrapped that convo up right quick. I wasn't hitting on them, or had those intentions, I just thought hey some cool new friends...and I just felt like such a cougar.

slight fail?

I read somewhere its not common for a: people (koreans) to go places alone.
and b: for people to be friends of vast age languages
and u know what they say, when in rome do as the romans do...so i'm just trying to stick to both programmes and ...keep hitting errors.

No comments:

Post a Comment