Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

okay, one fashion review, one tech review, and one more to go...I really want to do a movie review.

So far movies take up the biggest part of my knowledge repertoire because I had the biggest "love affair" with movies ever since I was about 13. As a result I've seen many films spanning many different genres. One thing that is slightly problematic is they aren't all incredibly fresh in my mind. I guess I'll start out with this one, as it's been lingering on my mind for some reason. Audrey Tautou stars in it, an actress made famous from the Foreign Film Amelie. If you haven't seen it it's a French flick about a rather eccentric young woman named Amelie. I really love the cinematography in this one. It's light and airy, bubbly and in that same note mysterious. It showcases on what it is like being an outsider and different, yet embodies a kind of innocence and optimism that just draws you in. I'm writing all of this trying to be careful not to give much away. It has given me quite an affinity to four specific things that I can recall: gnomes, photo booths, fresh outdoor food vendors, and masks.




In the film Priceless, Audrey plays a very specific kind of woman, her name is Irene and let's just say she's learned to have money on the mind. This story is a not-so classic romantic comedy so of course she meets a man who she is not particularly fond of at first. Then something develops, but it is hard to say what it will amount to in the end. The material it covers could be considered distasteful to some, but it is done in such a matter that is throughly enjoyable. It really captures some of the human experience with love and greed and all the emotion and drama inherent with all of those things.



Check out these films today if you haven't already seen them! And just an FYI Audrey Tatou has also been in such popular American films as Coco Before Chanel, A Very Long Engagement, The Da Vinci Code, and Dirty Pretty Things.

No comments:

Post a Comment